March 11, 2022

Interview Around the Globe with Wanda Brunstetter

Let welcome to our latest and newest member to our list of authors. Let welcome Wanda Brunstetter to Nighttime Reading Center. She here on to spread her lastest book "The Sugarcreek Surprise" and also for a Chat. I am a member of  Wanda's Clippity Clop Club.

I have a chance to read her book "The Sugarcreek Surprise". It on my TBR List. I hope to read it soon.

Let read her Bio and then go to her interview. #Interviews, #Interviewsaroundtheglobe, #NRC,

Welcome to Sugarcreek, Ohio, where the Amish schoolteacher has a determined admirer. Tragically losing her parents as a child, Lisa Miller has grown up being afraid of loving and losing. She dedicates herself to teaching at an Amish schoolhouse and helping the grandparents who raised her, all the while avoiding the advances of newcomer Paul Herchberger. Paul enjoys antiques and meets Orley Troyer while looking for unique old milk bottles at yard sales. Orley and his wife offer prayers and advice as Paul tries to reach Lisa’s closed heart. But when secrets are revealed, will Lisa use them as an excuse to close herself off again?



New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written close to 90 books translated in four languages. With over 10 million copies sold, Wanda's stories consistently earn spots on the nations most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.

Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith, and her novels are based on personal research intended to accurately portray the Amish way of life. Her books are well-read and trusted by many Amish, who credit her for giving readers a deeper understanding of the people and their customs.

When Wanda visits her Amish friends, she finds herself drawn to their peaceful lifestyle, sincerity, and close family ties. Wanda enjoys photography, ventriloquism, gardening, bird-watching, beachcombing, and spending time with her family. She and her husband, Richard, have been blessed with two grown children, six grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

To learn more about Wanda, visit her website at www.wandabrunstetter.com.

 

What is the most difficult part of your writing process?
Every aspect of writing has some challenges, but the most difficult part for me is writing the first draft, which requires not only scene ideas, but where to begin and end each chapter.

Have you participated in or helped with the meal at a barn raising?
No, I have not helped with the meal during a barn raising, but I have helped serve, and of course, eat, many tasty meals in Amish homes.

Do you have close friends or know families in every single Amish community you visit?
Yes, and I keep in touch with my Amish friends as often as possible, through phone calls, letters, and personal visits.

Are there are plans to turn any other books into musicals, and she wonders how it feels as an author to see your books come to life as a musical?
It’s an honor to have two of my books come to life in musical plays. I have no idea what the Blue Gate Musical Company has planned for future plays, but they have read several of my novels, so perhaps down the road they might want to do another play based off one of my stories.

Wonders if Amish have businesses on their properties (like greenhouses), are they open to someone approaching those outside working with questions? Or do they prefer to be left alone?
The Amish I’ve met in various communities have never seemed to mind when I’ve asked questions. In fact, they are usually quite friendly and talkative.

What is something that surprised you about being an author, and what are some of the difficult things about being an author?
I’ve been surprised about many things, but one I truly didn’t expect was that I would be recognized, not only by my English readers, but by many Amish people whenever I’m visiting their communities.
 
In addition to writing fulltime, it can be difficult to schedule time for interviews, book signings, speaking engagements, responding to emails, and keeping up with my social media pages, but I enjoy interacting with my readers so I always make the time.
 
What communities will be in the next set of books?
My next series, which I have already begun work on, is entitled Friendship Letters, and Book 1 is set in Pennsylvania. Book 2 takes place predominately in Indiana, and Book 3 will be set in Ohio. The tie-in with the series is the letters three friends write to each other.

Do you have any more plans to write any more devotional books? Another children's book series?
I have a devotional coming out in September of this year. It is called The Prayer Jar Devotional – Hope, and it’s based on the first book in my Prayer Jars series, The Hope Jar.
 
I have no plans to write to write another children’s book at this point, but I’m not opposed to the idea, either.

What is your favorite book you have ever written?
While I’m in the process of writing, whatever book I’m working on is my favorite. However, looking back, I would have to say that The Storekeeper’s Daughter is one of my all-time favorite novels.

With Covid being the topic of the last couple years, do you plan on writing a book with an Amish community dealing with Covid?
I have no plans at the point to write about Covid, because it is such a controversial topic.

With the faith messages in your novels are inspiring, and Would like to know if there are certain Bible Scriptures that that give you comfort or any devotionals that are meaningful to you in times of searching for answers? 
There are many Scriptures that offer me comfort and a sense of peace during difficult times. One of those verses is found in Psalm 46:1 – “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” A devotional I read every day for encouragement is from Our Daily Bread Ministries.
 
What made you decide to have a series of books where the minor characters run an antique shop?
My husband and I enjoy old things and one of our Amish friends collects vintage signs. There are also many antique stores in Ohio’s Amish Country, so I thought it would be fun to have a series set around an antique store.
 
How you come up with your characters' names?
We have many Amish friends so I will often use some of their names in my stories, although the story is never actually about that particular friend whose name I use.
 
If you have a favorite comfort food you go to when needed? Mmmmmm.....mine would have to be coffee with hazelnut creamer even if that's not a food! ๐Ÿ˜‰
I don’t have any particular comfort food, but I do enjoy drinking a cup of calming herbal tea when I feel the need to relax and unwind.
 
Will you be writing non-Amish fiction books in the near future?
Although I have no immediate plans to write another historical fiction novel, I may add a sequel to one of my earlier historical novellas sometime in the future.
 
What made you decide to write Amish stories, and have you ever thought of featuring the Amish community of Pinecraft in a story?
I did feature Pinecraft in my novel, The Healing Quilt. I hope to set other stories there in the future in Pinecraft too.
 
I have had an interest in the Amish for many years, even before I began writing. When I met an Amish family in Lancaster County, PA, via one of our Mennonite friends, I knew I needed to write about the Plain people.
 
Will you write a time slip story? And have you made some of the recipes in the cookbooks and what's more your favorite, desserts or meals?
Time slip, as in going from one time period to the other? 
Yes
Quite possibly.
 
Have any of the communities Wanda visited in Pennsylvania been out side of Lancaster?
Yes, I have written stories set in two other Amish communities in PA that were not in Lancaster. The Brides of the Big Valley was one of them.
 
Since your husbands photography has been turned into puzzles will they be sold in stores? Also, any chance of an Amish School puzzle if you decide to sell them?
I'm not sure if he will try to have any of his photos made into puzzles to sell. That is something to consider though.
 
Thank you for Live Chat Wanda. I hope to see you around here. I hope you stop by once in awhile.Thank to the Admin and though Questions from the members of Wanda Cippity Clap Club for these and allowing us to use the Questions into a blog post (Interview post).


Nighttime Reading Center Book Tour Badge
 
 
Please read my NRC Policies Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...