February 12, 2015

Interviews Around the Globe with AJ Cosmo

Today we have a new Author. AJ Cosmo is an author that is working though a book Tour that I have now been a tour host for. Let welcome this new author to Interviews around the Globe.

I would love if you all took a look at our author Bio.. We have some good questions and answer for him to answer. Please  also I had the opportunity to read her latest book called "The Monster that ate my Socks". I have a review on it here at NRC and I also got a giveaway as for all of you as well. The Monster that Ate My Socks Review & Giveaway, Here is the author bio for before we enter the interview.  We welcome AJ to our community. #Interviews, #Interviewsaroundtheglobe, #NRC, #Giveaways, #childrenfiction, # bookreview, #monsters, @AJCosmoKids, @iReadBookTours, +Laura Fabiani iRead Book Tours, +Laura Fabian


A.J. Cosmo's stories are crafted to help parents teach their children simple everyday lessons in an easy to understand manner. By artfully marrying beautiful illustrations and language, children are challenged to explore his magical worlds. Written for the transitional reader, A.J.'s stories allow your child to develop and master a new level of reading.
Connect with A.J.: Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter









Describe your *Latest/Recent* book in 20 Words or Less?

Parsen Holt - Slinger.
Parsen is a gunslinger traveling through the Old West having adventures and confrontations.

Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story (in this book)?

I was living in the high desert of Utah when I came up with the character. I've always wanted to see a character not quite the norm for Hollywood.

How important are names to you in your book(s)? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you that you?
I mostly use a name because I like the way it sounds for the setting or the character. I have received some help from a name generator, but I usually know already how I want it to sound.

Which of your characters (in this book) is your favorite and Why?

Well, it's a pretty short story (less than 12,000 words), so I have to go with the main character - Parsen Holt.

Was there a certain scene *in this book* that was harder for you to write than others?

The part where he reminisces about his family and thinks of his future. I think emotional scenes are the hardest to write, because it's hard to make believable.

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

Oh, that's way too hard!!! I couldn't cast anyone without meeting them. They may have the right look, but not the right swagger. They may have the right attitude, but not the right speech, etc.

What was your favorite part to write and why? (Alternate Q: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?)

My favorite part(s) to write are the action scenes, followed by dialogue.

Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write? (Alternate Q: If you didn't like writing books, what would you do for a living?, What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors?

If I didn't like writing books, I would want to be a traveling tour guide. And I may still be one of those if all goes well..

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I read some, but I don't pay much attention unless I feel I can take away something that will benefit me as a writer. I rarely respond, and never to the negative ones. I think the best way to deal with reviews is to not take them too seriously - good or bad.

What are you working on now? What is your next project?

I've started on the second and third installments of the Parsen Holt story.

Bonus Question: Characters often find themselves in situations they aren't sure they can get themselves out of. When was the last time you found yourself in a situation that was hard to get out of and what did you do?

A job that was really bad! I had to stick with it because I needed a job, but I ended up getting fired anyway.

Thank you for stopping by AJ Cosmo. I happy for you have stop by Nighttime Reading Center. Your book a sweet read. I enjoyed it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...