April 30, 2018

Review: Genteel Secrets

Book Title: Genteel Secrets
Author: S. R. Mallery
Genres: 1860-1865 Civil War, Historical Fiction, Romance, Historical Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Suspense
ISBN: 9781539913528 (153991352X)
ASIN: 153991352X
Publisher:  CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Publish Date: 2016-12-07 (110 Pages, Paperback)
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from +AuthorCrossPromotions for an honesty review. I thank them and the author for a chance to read the book and review it. My opinion are not influenced by the author or my ratings
Description: What do a well-bred Southern Belle and a Northern working class Pinkerton detective have in common? Espionage . . . and romance. At the start of the U.S. Civil War, while young men begin dying on American battlefields and slavery is headed toward its end, behind the scenes, female undercover work and Pinkerton intelligence are alive and well. But in the end, can this unlikely Romeo and Juliet couple’s love survive, or will they be just another casualty of war?

Ever wonder what it would like to be a part of civil war or at the beginning of it. I have been interested in my own country’s battles and the war over slavery. That would be the Civil War that takes place in my America history.

I was have been born in the northern part of the civil war. Making me not have slaves. I would not be a slave owner. To me that owing other human beings is something which never happened. I am not one that ignore the fact that it happen though.

I would have let slaves be humans but that me. I know about my civil war in my American history. Genteel Secrets is about a woman that is forced to be a confederacy spy. It tell as story of someone that is against slavery but is born in the south and raised with slaves. It also tell the story of a Pinkerton detective.

The author does a good job portray what Washington and what some folk trying to help the south and some important events and people with helping the South win the Civil war. They seem to be against the government and Lincoln.

Will a northerner and Southern belle be able to survive and live a happy life? You will need to read to find out. If you are into American history this is also a good book to tell about south culture and a bit of the beginning of the Civil War.


Buy your Copy:


Please read my NRC Policies Page. Follow NRC: | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google + | Smashwords | Fictfact | Riffle | Linkedin | Sign up for NRC Newsletter |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...