April 28, 2022

Book Review: Goodness Gracious Golly Gee: I Forgot My Christmas Tree!

Book Title:
Goodness Gracious Golly Gee: I Forgot My Christmas Tree!
Author: Carol, Cori Burcham
Publisher: Mascot Kids
Publish Date: December 7, 2021 (38 Pages, Hardcover)
Genre: Christmas, Holiday, Picture Books, Children
ISBN: 9781645435358
Goodness Gracious Golly Gee, I forgot my Christmas tree! Goodness Gracious Golly Gee, what will Santa think of me?

With Christmas right around the corner, a stay-at-home dad scrambles at the last minute to get everything ready for the holidays. Like many parents who experience holiday-related anxiety, the father is overwhelmed by the many expectations that come with Christmas. From putting up the tree, decorating the house, and baking Christmas cookies, the father worries he won't be able to get it all done in time for Santa's arrival.



Will his family, not to mention jolly old St. Nick, be disappointed if there's no Christmas tree? In this whimsical rhyming Christmas tale, the pressures to buy the perfect present and maintain holiday traditions take a backseat as the father is reminded of the true spirit of Christmas (with a little help from a mysterious, magical Christmas figure who comes to save the day)!
Disclaimer: I received this book from the author though Google Drive. My review is my own and honest.
Want to Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | 
Add To: Goodreads
Are you looking for a sweet rhyming story for your child or children? “Goodness Gracious Golly Gee: I Forgot My Christmas Tree” will be a good reminder. We do not always need presents and decorations to celebrate the holiday.


The way this book is done is quite cute. I enjoy the poem feel in this book; it is not complicated to read. The pictures did well. Children will enjoy this book and want you to read it repeatedly around the holiday season.

Their Goodness Gracious Golly Gee is hilarious and enjoyable throughout the book. Children will be laughing and enjoying saying these words Goodness Gracious Golly Gee, ever so often. Children can learn to read with this book with the help of a parent.

This book teaches us what is essential in life and that Santa will not be upset or mad because we do not have a tree or decorations or presidents. If you enjoy the love and kindness and are happy, Santa will be just as happy. The real meaning of Christmas lives shown through this whimsical story.

 
Please read my NRC Policies Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...