September 17, 2014

Interviews Around the Globe with Roselyn Jewell

Today at Interview Around the Globe we have another Author Interview. If you decide that you want to contact her. Their information is in the post.

Welcome to our ninth author. Lets just right into it. First let introduce our Author.

Welcome to “Interviews Around the Globe” with our newest author Roselyn Jewell. Welcome Roselyn. Come and Meet Roselyn Jewell and then I will jump into the Interview.

You can Contact Roselyn Jewell at these sites:


Websites: http:/roselynjewell.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jewellromance
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jewellromance Linkin: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/roselyn-jewell/98/813/201 
Google:google.com/+RoselynJewell Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/32771749-roselyn-jewel 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Roselyn-Jewell/e/B00LGV9WO2/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1


Describe your *Latest/Recent* book in 20 Words or Less?

Coffee, Love, and Other Stimulants – Kate is searching for love, without seeing what’s right in front of her.


Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story (in this book)?

I actually have what I think is a pretty unique process that helps me to get ideas for my books. I have written down 100 or so different plot points, ideas for character personalities, settings, and things like that. They’re a mix between things I like to see or think would be fun to write about, and things that have been used in some of my favorite romance novels. So when I want to write a new book, I will pick 5-10 of them out of a hat and challenge myself to write a story that incorporates all of those things. It makes the writing difficult and exciting but also really fun! So that’s how I came up with the ideas for this book and a lot of my others.



How important are names to you in your book(s)? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you that you?

I’d say a good bit of names are either names that I've always liked when I've heard them, or names of people in my family or friends or people that I've known at some point in my life. Actually right now I have a Kick starter campaign going and some of the rewards are using backers’ names in upcoming books, and that’s something I intend to continue to offer readers in the future as well.



Which of your characters (in this book) is your favorite and Why?

Hands down, Samantha aka Sam is my favorite. She encompasses a lot of the qualities that I’d love to have. She’s my first lesbian character, but she won’t be the last. Anyway, she’s so sure of who she is and couldn't care less one way or the other what people think about it. I admire that and it’s a quality I’d love to have. I tend to think too much about what people think. She’s also a great and loyal friend, which is a great quality in anyone.


Was there a certain scene *in this book* that was harder for you to write than others?

Yes, I don’t want to give too much away, but there was a scene where the main character had broken up with the guy she’d been dating and he didn't like it and became abusive with her. I’m not going to say more than that, but that was definitely hard to write for multiple reasons.

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

Wow, that’s a hard question! Well I think I’d choose Jennifer Lawrence to play Kate. She’s a great actress, is wildly popular right now, and does an awesome job of portraying emotional stuff. For Todd, I’d say maybe Christian Bale. But really, if Hollywood wanted to make a movie out of any of my books, I’d be more than thrilled with whoever they chose I’m sure!



What was your favorite part to write and why?

My favorite part is writing the resolution scenes. The ones where the characters have found love or solved the mystery or met their goal, those real feel-good moments, where everything is right in their life in that moment. That’s always fun because I feel like I experience all of those emotions along with them.



Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?

“That’s a hard question too because there are SO many great authors out there! Some of my favs are Janet Evanovich, Mecredes Lackey, Tanya Huff, and Illonia Andrews.

If I wasn't a writer, I’d probably be, well a stay at home mom and wife is very important. But I think I’d also make a good psychologist.

Advice for other aspiring authors would simply be to go for it. Finishing an entire book is the first step. A lot of people start and never even finish, so if you get that far, you’re already on the right track! Also never give up and never let anyone make you feel like you’re anything less than awesome.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

Absolutely! What kind of an author or professional in general would I be if I didn’t? I read every single review and yes I respond one way or the other. Hey, we’re all humans with free will and everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them. As an author, I don’t take it personally if I get a bad review. It’s not that person’s cup of tea and that’s fine! Constructive criticism is always good too and I absolutely take it to heart and try to implement changes accordingly.



What are you working on now? What is your next project?

I’m actually really excited about a book that will be coming out within the next few weeks, called Degrees of Separation. Thus far, I’ve done almost exclusively romance, with one book that was equal romance/mystery. But this new book is more like 60% thriller, 40% romance. I had a lot of fun writing it and I have very high hopes for it! Again I don’t want to give too much away but it features a plot to assassinate the president and a secret government organization. I had so much fun writing this one and hope the readers will have just as much fun reading it!


Bonus Question: Characters often find themselves in situations they aren't sure they can get themselves out of. When was the last time you found yourself in a situation that was hard to get out of and what did you do?

Every time I’m in a situation like that, I tend to make a very drastic change in my life. Drastic changes in locations and situations are normal for me; one of the things that let me put my whole being into very different scenarios. I grew up moving around the country and have had the privilege of seeing the beauty of every environment in the US, which is an amazing experience. I have learned that such changes always lead to new opportunities, no matter how hard things can be. I don’t really specifically remember the last time, thankfully I think it was many years ago, but I’d say I handled it by making a big change to my surroundings or the people I was associating with at the time.


Thank you for taking part. I would like to thank Roselyn for coming by Interviews Around the Globe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...