April 10, 2015

Interview Around the Globe with Lee Stephen


Today we have a new Author. Lee Stephen is an author that is working though a book Tour that I have now been a tour host for. Let welcome this new author to Interviews around the Globe.

I would love if you all took a look at our author Bio.. We have some good questions and answer for him to answer. Please also I had the opportunity to read his latest book called "Dawn of Destiny". I have a review on it here at NRC and I also got a giveaway as for all of you as well. Dawn of Destiny Review & Giveaway, Here is the author bio for before we enter the interview. We welcome Lee to our community. #Interviews, #Interviewsaroundtheglobe, #NRC, #Giveaways, #sci-fi, #suspense, #thriller, #bookreview, #mystery,  #military, sci-fi #aliens @epicuniverse, @iReadBookTours, +Laura Fabiani iRead Book Tours, +Laura Fabian


Born and raised in Cajun country, Lee Stephen spent his childhood paddling pirogues through the marshes of South Louisiana. When he wasn't catching bullfrogs or playing with alligators in the bathtub (both true), he was escaping to the world of the imagination, creating worlds in his mind filled with strange creatures and epic journeys. This hasn't stopped.

Now a resident of Luling, Louisiana, Lee spends time every day delving into the world of Epic, the science-fiction series that has come to define him as a writer and producer. Alongside his wife, Lindsey, their son, Levi, and their dog, Jake, Lee has made it a mission to create a series that is unique in its genre—one unafraid to address the human condition while staying grounded in elements of faith.

In addition to writing, Lee works full-time for the Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness. He has also spent time as a church deacon, guitar hobbyist, and New Orleans Saints season ticket holder. He is a graduate of Louisiana College in Pineville.

Connect with Lee: Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook



Describe your *Latest/Recent* book in 20 Words or Less?

Epic 4: The Glorious Becoming is the fourth installment of Epic and a game-changing page-turner about love, betrayal, and alien invasion!

Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story (in this book)?

I was inspired by a lot when I was a kid, namely Star Trek, and old video game named X-Com, and movies like Alien and Black Hawk Down. My faith also played a role, as I wanted a means to express it in a realistic, non-romanticized way.

How important are names to you in your book(s)? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you that you?

Names are semi-important, and sometimes at more subtle levels than others. I name my characters based partially on sound and meaning, but if I had to lean one way, I'd lean toward sound. So far as resources, there are a lot of baby name websites out there! I use them all.

Which of your characters (in this book) is your favorite and Why?

Boris Evteev has always been one of my favorite, even though his role is smaller in this book than in the sequels. He's just an almost behind-the-scenes character who rarely finds himself in the limelight, but always gets things done.

Was there a certain scene *in this book* that was harder for you to write than others?

I would have to answer that in the general sense that accurate depictions of faith were challenging throughout the entire book, simply because they require you to look inside yourself, and that can be humbling. Faith isn't always pretty, and doubt is a constant foe. It was important for me to capture those things rather than try to sugarcoat the spiritual life.

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

Funny you should ask! I've actually reached out to a few actors and actresses to obtain permission to "cast" them in my novel, purely for entertainment purposes. Seeking permission was important for me, as I don't like posting peoples' photos on my website without permission, even if they are actors. Here are the actors and actresses who have given me the green light:

William Sadler as Brent Lilan
Adam Gregory as Scott Remington
Mark Elias as Becan McCrae
*Mishael Morgan as Esther Brooking
*Danielle Larche as Tiffany Feathers
*Tammy Felice as Natalie Rockwell
*Kevin Tye as Logan Marshall

The * denotes that these particular characters don't appear in book one, but have a major impact in later books in the series.

What was your favorite part to write and why? (Alternate Q: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?)

Any chance I get to inject humor is something I love, whether it's a moment of biting sarcasm or something ridiculous like a running pie-in-the-face gag. I'm pretty sure Epic is the only hardcore military science-fiction series with the latter!

This might surprise people, but I sometimes despise writing action scenes. They're really tough! They're a lot more cerebral than I think most people think, as you have to make dramatic and tactical sense at the same time. You can't wrap up an action scene whenever you want to. They kind of end up dictating themselves.

Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write? (Alternate Q: If you didn't like writing books, what would you do for a living?, What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors?

Cinema inspires me far more than literature. I tend to be a more cinematic writer. I love Peter Berg and Ridley Scott. Those guys are just incredible. So far as another occupation, I actually have one of those already! I work full-time for the Dept. of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness in South Louisiana. I love what I do!

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I read every single review, but the only time I reply is when someone points out an error, as was the case once when a reader felt that part of a book's description on Amazon spoiled something that happened. When those things happen, it's just good customer service to respond and fix the issue (which I did). The reviewer was appreciative! Other than that, you just take things in stride and keep your mouth shut.

What are you working on now? What is your next project?

I'm working on two things right now, one of which is the fifth installment of Epic, titled Enemy One, and the other of which is something TOTALLY different, but that I can't discuss just yet.

Bonus Question: Characters often find themselves in situations they aren't sure they can get themselves out of. When was the last time you found yourself in a situation that was hard to get out of and what did you do?

Maybe not the answer people expect, but when I was diagnosed with cancer at age 31. I have mycosis fungoides, which is an incurable form of lymphoma, but one that's manageable. Needless to say, living with an incurable cancer is a hard situation to get out of! Even though it shouldn't be this that kills me, it keeps me grounded and reevaluating my life fairly often. Honestly, it's a blessing for those reasons. I think that might answer the last part: trusting in God to get me through this and knowing that, in the end, it's for my best.
Thank you for stopping by Lee Stephen. I happy for you have stop by Nighttime Reading Center. I was loved your book from first page to last page. I can not wait until the next book.





Please read my NRC Policies Page. Follow NRC: | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google + | Smashwords | Fictfact | Riffle |
Linkedin | Sign up for NRC Newsletter |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...