June 15, 2021

Book Review: Where the Wild Things Are

Book Title:
Where the Wild Things Are
Author: Maurice Sendak
Genres: Children, Classics, Adventure, Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publisher Date: December 26, 2012 (48 Pages, Paperback)
ISBN: 9780064431781

Maurice Sendak's Caldecott Medal-winning picture book has become one of the most highly acclaimed and best-loved children's books of all time. A must for every child's bookshelf.

This iconic story has inspired a movie, an opera, and the imagination of generations. When Max dresses in his wolf suit and causes havoc in the house, his mother sends him to bed. From there, Max sets sail to an island inhabited by the Wild Things, who name him king and share a wild rumpus with him. But then from far away across the world, Max smells good things to eat...

Let the wild rumpus continue as this classic comes to life like never before with new reproductions of Maurice Sendak's artwork. Astonishing state-of-the-art technology faithfully captures the color and detail of the original illustrations. Sendak himself enthusiastically endorsed this impressive new interpretation of his art.

Mary Pols of Time magazine wrote that what makes Sendak's book so compelling is its grounding effect: Max has a tantrum and in a flight of fancy visits his wild side, but he is pulled back by a belief in parental love to a supper 'still hot. Generations have shared this beautiful picture book, and children of all ages will want to return to it again and again.

Discliamer: I bought this book for a family. So I decided to read it  for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
Want To Buy: Amazon
Add To: Goodreads
I bought a classic book for the family. I did not read it while growing up. However, I have heard of it. It's called "Where Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. I knew about this book and heard of it. Why I never read it is beyond me. I have not read it and reviewed it now.

It is adventurous and playful. Max travels to a faraway place that has Wild Things. I wonder if this book plot is imagination or something that lets the little boy discover what it is like to be lonely after a while. Also, learn that loved ones still care even if you have to wait. The food will still be hot when you return.

I am not sure. However, the pictures are well done. I do enjoy the images. I do not get the plot of this story; that might be me; it is a cute book nonetheless. Will Max have fun with the wild things, or will he return home to his bedroom?

Some children will enjoy these books, and parents will want to read and reread this classic book for their children. You may like this for your child's bookshelves as well. The images are superb and colorful, that is for sure.


Check out my Recommendation Page
Please read my NRC Policies Page. Follow NRC: | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google + | Smashwords | Fictfact | Riffle | Linkedin | Sign up for NRC Newsletter |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...