June 12, 2014

Interviews Around the Globe with Mary E Hanks


Today at Interview Around the Globe we have our first Author Interview. Before we get into the Interview with our first interview. So let me start this interview. If you decide that you want to contact her.

This something new to me. So please bear with me. I hope to get better has I do it. For our first Author Interview. I was contacted. to do this. Let introduce our Author.

Welcome to “Interviews Around the Globe” with our first Author Mary Hanks. Welcome Mary. We will just go ahead and jump on into the Interview.


You can find Mary online at these sites:
Website: http://www.maryehanks.com
Blog: http://maryehanks.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaryEHanksAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/maryehanks
So let begin the Interview.

Describe your *Latest/Recent* book in 20 Words or Less?

Winter’s Past (2nd Chance Series) Christian Fiction Romance When Winter’s ex-husband shows up at a conference, she must face her past and the fact she hasn't forgiven him.
Where or how did you come up with the idea for your story (in this book)?

Through my own ups and downs in marriage, this story took root in my heart and needed to be told. Forgiveness is such an important ingredient in marriage and in life.
How important are names to you in your book(s)? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you that you?

I love the name choosing process. Usually the name just comes to me. Sometimes I’ll ponder several names for a while until one wins.
Which of your characters (in this book) is your favorite and Why?

I love Ty! I struggled to make him a hero who readers would love. He did something wrong which makes us want to dislike him. But because God radically changed his life, Ty’s sincere, sweet, sold-out-on-loving-Winter spirit is hard to resist. My editor and I worked to make a beautiful hero, and I love that about Ty.
Was there a certain scene *in this book* that was harder for you to write than others?

Probably the opening. I wanted to grab the reader emotionally right from the start, but I didn’t know how to do that with this story. At my editor’s prompting, I removed the original first chapter, which was too slow.

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

Winter is thirty, and Ty is thirty-five, so that limits me somewhat. I’d say Anne Hathaway or Amy McAdams with long red hair for Winter. Mathew Goode or someone similar who could portray strong emotion for Ty. (Dennis Quaid–if only he were younger!)
What was your favorite part to write and why?

My favorite part to write was where Ty breaks down and apologizes to Winter. With deep sincerity and brokenness, he asks her if he can pray for her, and he starts crying and begs her forgiveness. The scene was so gripping, it tugged deeply on my heart.
Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?

Francine Rivers is my hero! I love how her stories are so deep and moving. Also, I’ve enjoyed many of Karen Kingsbury’s books that tell about real life.
Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I’m new enough to the publishing world that I do read my reviews. People have been kind to me so far, and I appreciate that.
What are you working on now? What is your next project?

I’m working on book #2 in the 2nd Chance Series: April’s Call. April Gray is fed up with Mrs. Evans’ lectures on how to become the perfect pastor’s wife, and her husband’s around-the-clock vigilance to the church is driving her crazy. Has he fallen out of love with her? Is he having an affair? After months of parsonage warfare, April is sure there’s only one thing left to do–leave!
Bonus Question: Characters often find themselves in situations they aren’t sure they can get themselves out of. When was the last time you found yourself in a situation that was hard to get out of and what did you do?

Me, personally, or one of my characters? If you’re asking about what I do in a really tough situation, say someone’s trying to mug me, the last time that happened, I stared at the guy and laughed out loud because it felt totally surreal. I mean, I’m a woman, five-foot-two, who wears no jewelry, doesn’t dress in designer clothes, and rides an old, rickety bicycle to get where I’m going in Costa Rica. I said, “Do I look like I have anything you’d want?” The poor guy just sighed and went in search his next victim. I figure one of my characters would likely do something similar. (And probably speak the native tongue as poorly as I do.)

Thank you for taking part. Your responses were fun reading. I enjoyed them myself. I would like to thank Mary for coming by Interviews Around the Globe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...