December 31, 2018

Yearly Wrap up: 2018


Can you believe it the 2018 year is almost over? It is over at the stroke of Midnight. So let's see what I did for the whole 2018 year. Did I do better with the gender gap with more female vs Male? Did I do more of my favorite or did Mix it up this year. You can take a look at my graphs for this year. Along with my monthly wrap-ups. I will be using those wrap up for some stats for some graphs.

I was able to completely read 50 books this year. My goal was 30 books. That is 20 books over my goal. The Total of Pages read for the year 12,138 Pages, 10 Hours and 32 Mins.

Books Read in 2018: Book Title (In Order of being read)

  1. One Christmas In Winter
  2. Searching for Gertrude 
  3. Too Rich To Be a Bride 
  4. The Englisher 
  5. Hidden 
  6. Patrick Turns his Play into Pay 
  7. Megan's Munchkins 
  8. Last Stop in Brooklyn 
  9. What the Bishop Saw 
  10. I love a Book 
  11. The Voice Behind the Small Attic Door 
  12. Lone Wolf Lawman 
  13. Ice 
  14. The Celebration 
  15. The Study of Silence 
  16. The Bishop Knows 
  17. The Weaver's Daughter 
  18. Starting From Scratch 
  19. The Misadventures of Michael McMichaels Vol 1 
  20. Storm Front 
  21. The Dan Diaries 
  22. The Misadventures of Michael McMichaels Vol 2 
  23. Genteel Secrets 
  24. Curse of Ancients 
  25. Angel on Assignment 
  26. The Accidental Guardian 
  27. Whispers at Seaside 
  28. The Silent Songbird 
  29. The Inn at Ocean Edge 
  30. The Misadventures of Michael McMichaels Vol 4 
  31. The Misadventures of Michael McMichaels Vol 3 
  32. The Hawaiian Discovery 
  33. A Widow's Hope 
  34. The Hope Jar 
  35. Sharks: A 400 Million Year Journey 
  36. The Small Chandelier 
  37. Death Logs Out 
  38. The Christmas Gate 2 
  39. Bonjour! Let's Learn French 
  40. Ours For a Season 
  41. Grimms Fairy Tales 
  42. Good Night Baby Animals 
  43. Murder by Perfection 
  44. Storm Taken 
  45. Amish Celebrations 
  46. The Christmas Prayer 
  47. A Perfect Square 
  48. The Shape - Shifter's Wife 
  49. Marine 
  50. Amish Christmas Memories
 My shortest book for the year which is "Angel by Assignment" by Wanda Carter Roush and my longest book for this year is "Grimm's Fairy Tales" by Brother Grimm which by the way is an audiobook. My average Length by Goodreads is 228 Pages.

My most Popular book this year is "Grimm's Fairy Tales" by Brother Grimm with 28K people want to read. My least popular book "Sharks: A 400 Million Year Journey" by Ted Rechlin.


My List of authors for this year. There a lot of them. Let see a total of them below. Then I will tell you who was my favorite author this year. I will be able to tell you my Female vs Male Author in pie form.

Books Read in 2018: By Author

  1. Kevin D. Haggerty
  2. Mona Hodgson
  3. Bell Renshaw
  4. Beverly Lewis
  5. Lawrence H. Levy
  6. Shani Muhammad & Patrick Muhammad
  7. Vannetta Chapman
  8. Joe Rhatigan
  9. Mary Lynn Plaisance
  10. Delores Fossen
  11. Lauren Carr
  12. Malia Zaidi
  13. Wanda E. Brunstetter
  14. Sarah E. Ladd
  15. Kate Lloyd
  16. Tony Penn
  17. Susan May Warren
  18. D.D. Marx
  19. S. R. Mallery
  20. Hawk MacKinney
  21. Wanda Carter Roush
  22. Colleen Coble
  23. Mary Connealy
  24. Melanie Dickerson
  25. Addison Cole
  26. Ted Rechlin
  27. EJ Simon
  28. T.A. Cline
  29. Kim Vogel Sawyer
  30. Judy Martialay
  31. Grimm Brothers
  32. Karen B. Winnick
  33. Lauren Carr
  34. William Michael Davidson
  35. Beth Wiseman
  36. Carolyn Radmanovich
  37. Mark J.G. Fahey
My Top 5 Authors were for 2018.
  1. Vannetta Chapman (6 Books)
  2. Wanda Brunstter (4 Books)
  3. Tony Penn (4 Books)
  4. Lauren Carr (2 Books)
  5. Mary Lynn Plaisance (2 Books)
As you can see that is my list of authors by amount I read. You see my Top 5 Authors for this year. I read 50 books and have 37 Total authors. I have read few books by a couple of authors. I like that by far. You can see what my favorite authors were this year.

For my Genre of book i enjoyed this year seem to be "Christian Fiction" 16 books (32%). This seem about fair given that Vannetta Chapman is my top author with a total of 6 Books read. The next one is "Children" with 8 books (16%), and then "Historical Fiction" with 6 (12%).

Those are my favorite to read by the way of fiction. Not in that order per say. I enjoy Amish or Amish Fiction which falls in the Christian fiction section. Historical Fiction is the next best for me. I enjoy reading about history anyway but in the fiction sort a way. This chart is pretty good a getting that correct.

The authors gender for me is up in the air. I believe I read more female authors then male authors. Though i can not say for certain as I am still working on getting my other reading Charts finished to find out for sure. I did do this years though a pie chart to see what my percentage is more Female or Male? My key to this is using Female (F), Male (M), Combined (M/F).

I will show you what LibraryThing did for me though there pie chart on Author Gender. Now there is all of my books that are in my library on there and what it is set my not really be right. But I am willing to show you want that is.  What you see by there's Male, Female, NA and Not set. I have not clue if it all of my books that are list in my library on there or if it this year 2018. Now if there is all of my books that are listed on there then you can see I am reading more female vs Male. If this can not be right for the year 2018 as my Author Gender chart show you the Percentage and Labels I use for Male and Female for this year. My chart shows 2% for F/M - Combined, 26% for M - Male, 72% for F - Female which if for 2018. LibraryThing is saying 19.66% Male and 80.34% Female.

Almost but not quite there is my Series vs Standalone? How many books do you think you can read that are not series or just standalone. I know I read more series books then I do standalone books. I know i read more series then standalone. But how many of each for this year? I have not clue. How many did i start and not finish or got a book that put me to starting a new series. Well lets find out, By looking at the pie chart. Well it looks like I have 32 Books in series and 18 Books that are considered Standalone. Series out wins Standalone this year.

I wondered how many of my books came in what format? Were they E-books or Paperback or audio-book or another format. Well thanks me keeping track and LibraryThing for helping figure out the numbers to correct my spreadsheet for making the right format for each of my books for this year in 2018.
For This year of 2018, I have seem to have read more Paperbacks. I had a total of 4 different formats this year. E-Book, Paperback, Hardcover, Audio-Book. My E-books came next after Paperback. Which you can tell by the pie chart.

Now for my reviews for this year. I have read 50 books. Most of the reviews are up for this year. I will show you my first review for 2018 that got posted on Goodreads. That is "One Christmas in Winter" by Bell Renshaw. I got this book as an ARC and being on her street team. I enjoyed it.

My favorite book that really enjoyed reading and it was out of my Book Tour books was "Storm Taken". It was one of my better reads. do not get me wrong when I say that this is one of my favorites reads. It was on one of my top reads for 2018. If would suggest you read my review of "Storm Taken". Death Logs Out is second, Marine come third to that.

My Top 5 Favorite Reviews: 2018 Year


  1. Storm Taken (Science Fiction, Book Tour)
  2. Death Logs Out (Mystery, Book Tour)
  3. Storm Front (Christian)
  4. The Voice Behind the Small Attic Door ( Mystery, Drama)
  5. Sharks: A 400 Million Year Journey


There is only one that will be posted next year in 2019. That review is "Marine" by Mark JG Fahey. This book is on book tour here in 2019. That book was my last review posted on Goodreads for 2018. If you want to see the full review or get a copy of it though my blog please wait for the blog post to go live here in 2019. There is a giveaway for this book i believe.


Here is my full list of blog post for the year of 2018. I hope you enjoy. Let Bring in 2019 with a blast. Happy New Year all. I hope You get more Book to enjoy in 2019.

Want to read my Monthly Wrap up for 2018? Well just look below.

Monthly Wrap up:

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
What are you doing to Bring in 2019? Getting your blog ready for 2019? 2019 Goals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...